Lizzy Stevens is co-author of the novel whose cover you see at the head of the page and is a treasure of information about how to get your book out there and into the hands of a buying public. Blackbeard’s Treasure is available at:
Edward Teach, better known as the pirate Blackbeard, was killed November 22, 1718. Two months before, he purposely ran his ship, Queen Anne’s Revenge, aground at what is now called Beaufort Inlet.
He emptied the ship of all treasures into his other ship, The Tender, and fled to where nobody knows. Two months later, when he reappeared, he was killed in battle, and his body was tossed into the ocean. To this day, nobody knows where the treasure went.
For years, people have searched high and low for his treasure. It has been said that Blackbeard said nobody but he and the devil knew where it was located.
Cassie Andrews returns to Branson, Missouri to clean out her grandfather’s house, who recently passed away. While emptying the attic she comes across an old diary belonging to a woman who claims to have been married to Edward Teach. Cassie soon realizes that she holds the key to the famous Blackbeard’s Treasure.
Cassie turns to her friend Levi for help in finding the treasure. In her zeal to uncover the clues to Blackbeard’s Treasure Cassie lands herself in the hospital.
Attraction explodes off the page as Levi nurses Cassie back to health and together they experience the adventure of a lifetime to uncover their true feelings for one another and Blackbeard’s Treasure.
I doubtless will take the opportunity to comment on Blackbeard’s Treasure at a later date. For now, here are Melissa/Lizzy’s steps to marketing success for your own literary efforts.
Writer Working thanks Lizzy for the tips and for gracing our site with her presence:
Thanks for having me today. Today I’m going to blog about all the free stuff you can do to promote your books. I hope that at least one of these ideas helps somebody out.
1. Set up a website. You can do this completely free at www.webs.com or www.weebly.com and if you want it to be a true dot com you can go to www.godaddy.com or www.names.com and I’m sure there are others and pay for your domain name for the year. It will cost less than $12 and then you can go back to the free site and use your own domain. You have no fees at all and you have a new website.
Set up a facebook page and friend everyone and tell everyone about your page. Use your page to promote your book. Don’t just open the page but actually go there and post on it daily.
Follow people and ask them to follow you. Tweet and retweet other people’s tweets. Join in on the fun.
Same thing here. Friend people and ask them to friend you.
5. www.manicreaders.com has free pages
6. www.linkedin.com another social networking site.
8. Join yahoo groups. Be sure to follow their posting rules.
9. www.goodreads.com is another really good place to promote your book.
10. Get reviews for your book. The more reviews and good ratings the better. You can take that review and then tell all the above places. Out of every good review you get several promo opps out of it.
This list should get you started but the ideas are endless in marketing. I hope at least one of these things helped somebody out.
New To Twitter? Don’t know where to start? Here’s some helpful tips to get you started. Here is a top 5 that I hope helps.
1. Follow People that have the same interests as you so you have things to talk about with each other.
2. Follow back followers that follow you. Nobody wants to follow a person that thinks they are too good to follow back and they will most likely unfollow you.
3. Get involved in a conversation. If somebody posts what they are cooking for dinner and you like that reply to it “That sounds good” or “Yum” Anything to get involved.
4. Don’t only talk about your book. Post that you have one and then post about it and links but also post other things. We don’t need to see 50 post in one day about your book. That will most likely make somebody not want to buy it.
5.Don’t DM spam about things. That is going to make your follower angry and they will unfollow you.
And we close with a personal touch and, again, thanks to Lizzy for her time and counsel.
5 Things you don’t know about Lizzy Stevens!!!!!
1. I’m married.
2. I have two awesome Kids.
3. I have a small tatoo.
4. My favorite sport is Supercross.
5. I hate house cleaning more than anything LOL